Friday, April 22, 2011

knowing jesus

"Come let us return to the Lord; for he has torn us, that he may heal us. He has Struck us down, and he will bind us up. After two days he will revive us: and on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him. Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord: his going out is as sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rain waters the earth." Hosea 6:1-3

I really love this section of scripture, and as I find myself spending time with the Lord recently I just keep sitting with this same passage of scripture. I am finding that the Lord is placing in me a deeper desire to KNOW Him. Let me explain to you what this means to me. For so long I have associated the Lord by the way I have seen Him work in my life, my families life, my friends life, and so on and so forth. And don't get me wrong I absolutely believe there is power in that, in seeing the Lord work in a variety of circumstances, both favorable and unfavorable. And while I don't discredit that knowledge as good and from the Lord, I have just recently been desiring to KNOW more of who the scriptures say the Lord is. I am desiring a deeper knowledge of scripture, because scripture is inherent, God breathed, and powerful. Because even in my finite mind believe, that knowing more of the Lord is powerful. Matt Chandler, of the Village Church in Dallas, has a podcast on this very subject and I promise you is much more eloquently put than this blog, its entitled "A Deeper Yearning" listen to it, you won't be disappointed. But I absolutely love when the Lord manifest himself in scripture, when you get to read His word and are moved to tears because you sit in a new knowledge of the fact that, this is the God we serve. I love how accessible he is, that I, a flawed, sinner, get to KNOW Him intimately. So with all that I know and all that I am learning about the Lord, I am pressing on the know Him more!

1 comment:

  1. remember when you used to blog :) ? Could be cool to get an update!

    ReplyDelete